Overindulging in delicious food is something we all do from time to time especially during festive seasons.
Isn’t it great that there are tips you can easily make use of to reduce the dreaded bloated tummy? Here are 5 tips to battle a bloated stomach :
- Enjoy 1 cup of Inner Peace tea with the goodness of chamomile and peppermint to soothe the stomach before and during a heavy meal.
- Avoid carbonated drinks. Adding gas into your digestive system won’t help combat bloating.
- Eat smaller portions of food and chew thoroughly before swallowing.
- Drinking plain hot water or warm water with your meal will help break down any oils and aid the digestion process.
- High-fiber greens like broccoli and kale are also known to cause bloating. Enjoy the fiber content of the veggies by cooking them, as softening the fibers make it easier for the digestive system to process.
Chamomile is a soothing and relaxing herb often made into an infusion that has been used to alleviate bloating since ancient times. It is one of the most well-known relievers of bloating, acid reflux, and discomfort caused by overeating.
Peppermint tea has menthol oil as an active ingredient which stimulates the gallbladder to release bile that your body uses to digest fats. The flow of bile to the liver can also be increased by the compounds in peppermint tea and moderate intake of the herb seems to have a detoxifying effect on the liver. A well functioning liver is vital to overall digestive health and therefore reducing flatulence problems.
Battle bloated tummies with our Inner Peace tea and enjoy the festive season!
** We recommend drinking the tea in moderation as too much peppermint may aggravate heartburn and indigestion. Strong peppermint tea or oil is not generally recommended for pregnant women, very young children or people with heart disease, ulcers or problems with reflux and heartburn. Talk to your doctor if in doubt.