Store-bought jams often contain way too much sugar and tastes too sweet. The large sugar quantity used in traditional recipes is meant to thicken up the jam’s consistency – which you WILL NOT NEED anymore with this easy-peasy recipe that uses chia seeds instead!
Aside from avoiding excessive amounts of sugar intake, this chia jam also lets you enjoy the delicious fresh taste of your favourite berries, while you get to choose the right consistency you like your jam in. We also add a twist of Sapphire Grey tea for an extra tasty and aromatic jam that you will absolutely love!
It is the perfect companion for your toast or even as a topping for your favourite desserts. Yum!
- 300g of your preferred frozen berries mix
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 2 Sapphire Grey tea infusers
- Honey (optional, for taste)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the frozen berries, orange juice, and chia seeds.
- Add two Sapphire Grey tea infusers into the mixture (for a stronger tea flavour, make a concentrated brew with 2 Sapphire Grey tea infusers in 50ml hot water, and add to mixture after steeping for 5 minutes).
- Cover and let the mixture defrost for about two hours at room temperature, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Once the berries are defrosted and soft, use a fork or potato masher to mash up the mixture to your desired consistency and taste.
- If you prefer a sweeter jam, stir in some honey to taste.
Give this recipe a go and tag us at #TheTeaRepublic @the_tea_republic #TTRSapphireGrey! See more versatile tea options at ttr.com.my.