This recipe shouts rooibos, coffee and chocolate!
Enjoy the health benefits of roasted mate as well as antioxidant-rich rooibos tea.
This delicious dessert in a glass is easily converted into a cocktail.
Find out how:
[ makes about 4 tall glasses/mason jars ]
1. 10g / 4 heaped teaspoons of Tiramisu Topaz tea leaves
2. 500ml freshly boiled water
3. 500ml chilled sparkling water
4. 80ml Monin coffee syrup / Kahlua coffee liqueur
1. Boil 500ml of water, then pour over Tiramisu Topaz loose leaf tea and leave aside to steep for at least 10 minutes and cool down.
2. Add in 20ml of coffee syrup/liqueur into each glass.
3. Once the tea is cool, pour 1 part tea and 1 part chilled sparkling water into the glasses. 1 part is approximately 250 ml.
4. Do not stir the mixture. The syrup/liqueur at the bottom of the glass can be a nice sweet note to finish the drink on.
5. Fill up the glass with ice cubes.
Here are some HEALTH BENEFITS of Tiramisu Topaz tea:
Rooibos tea is rich in minerals that may help boost the immune system and keep the body healthy. It contains calcium, iron, potassium, copper, fluoride, manganese, magnesium, zinc and alpha hydroxy acid. These compounds also encourage healthy skin and hair.
The polyphenols in rooibos tea have anti-inflammatory properties, which assists in preventing heart related illnesses. The antiviral properties of polyphenols provide an added boost to the immune system, which helps protect the body from common colds, viruses and the flu.
Rooibos tea is also rich in alpha hydroxy acid and zinc. Alpha-hydroxy acids are also found in many upscale cosmetic products because it helps reduce the signs of aging including wrinkles.
Mate enhances your ability to focus , providing increased mental energy, clarity and focus, without the uncomfortable side effects associated with drinking caffeinated beverages, such as headaches, stomach aches and jitters.
Mate is very high in antioxidants; it has about 90% more antioxidants than green tea, with significant immune boosting properties.
There’s some evidence that mate can aid weight loss by reducing appetite, increasing energy expenditure, improving insulin sensitivity, and burning stored fat.