The Citeazen’s Iced Tea October 29, 2014 – Posted in: Tea Recipes – Tags: black tea, cocktail, earl grey, iced tea, lemon, mint, mocktail
This recipe shouts earl grey tea, lemon and mint! A refreshing thirst quencher easily converted into a cocktail. Find out how:
[ makes about 6 cups ]
1. 25g / 10 heaped teaspoons of Sapphire Grey tea leaves
2. 1 litre of water
3. 8-10 teaspoons of sugar ( optional )
4. 2 whole lemons
5. fresh mint leaves
6. cucumber slices
1. Boil 1 litre of water, then pour over Sapphire Grey loose leaf tea and leave aside to steep for at least 10 minutes.
2. Strain the aromatic brew into a large jug, then stir in the juice of 1 lemon and sugar ( optional ). Leave to cool.
3. Once cool, if making a cocktail iced tea, add in a generous portion of gin and mix well.
4. Finally add in fresh mint leaves, 1 sliced lemon and some cucumber slices along with a generous helping of ice.
5. Leave this iced tea blend to sit for another 10-15 minutes before serving to allow the flavours to infuse.
6. Pour the tea over ice in tall glasses, garnish with mint or lemon slices and enjoy!
Inspired by : Cocktail Revolution