Milk Booster Tea May 23, 2018 – Posted in: Tea Recipes – Tags: breastfeeding, galactagogue, herbal tea, milk booster, motherhood, recipe
This recipe makes a soothing herbal tea!
Breastfeeding mums can enjoy its milk boosting properties too.
[ makes about 4 tea cups ]
1. 5g / 2 heaped teaspoons of Jeoncha Jade tea leaves
2. 1 litre freshly boiled water
3. 2 teaspoons of fennel seeds
4. 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds ( optional )
1. Pound the fennel seeds ( jintan manis in Malay ) with a mortar & pestle to release their galactagogue properties.
2. Boil 1 litre of water, then pour over the fennel seeds and leave aside to steep for at least 5 minutes. In the last 2 minutes add in the Jeoncha Jade tea leaves.*If using fenugreek seeds, add it in together with the fennel seeds.
3. Pour the steeped tea into your teacup and enjoy.
4. You can re-infuse the seeds and tea leaves up to 3 times before discarding it.
TIP : Add the fennel seeds and tea leaves into 2 seperate tea envelopes for convenient brewing. This allows you to remove the tea leaves at any point if you wish to infuse the seeds for a longer duration.
OPTION : For a theine-free ( caffeine-free ) option, our Safari Sunrise tea is a perfect pairing with the flavours of the fennel seed.