Cranberry Crystal Spritzer April 16, 2015 – Posted in: Tea Recipes – Tags: antioxidant, cocktail, cranberries, health benefits, iced tea, mocktail, pomegranate, prosecco, recipe, rosemary, spritzer, superfoods, weight loss, white tea
This recipe shouts cranberries, pomegranates and white tea! Enjoy the health benefits of superfoods : cranberries & pomegranates in this anioxidant-rich iced tea.
This refreshing thirst quencher is easily converted into a cocktail.
Find out how:
[ makes about 8 tall glasses ]
1. 25g / 10 heaped teaspoons of Cranberry Crystal tea leaves
2. 1 litre of water
3. 1 litre soda water ( chilled )
4. A ripe pomegranate
5. 200ml cranberry juice
6. Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnishing
1. Boil 500ml of water, then pour over Cranberry Crystal loose leaf tea and leave aside to steep for at least 10 minutes. Top up this brew with 500ml of cold water.
2. Strain the aromatic brew into a large jug and leave to cool further, for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
3. Once cool, pour 1 part iced tea and 1 part soda water into the glasses.
4. Add in 1 tablespoon of cranberry juice per glass.
5. If making a cocktail version, replace the soda water with a chilled prosecco.
6. Garnish with a tablespoon of pomegranate seeds and a sprig of rosemary.
7. For those who prefer a sweeter beverage, prepare a jug of sugar syrup to serve alongside the spritzers.
Here are some HEALTH BENEFITS of Cranberry Crystal tea:
- White tea is an antioxidant powerhouse. White tea leaves hold onto most of their naturally occurring antioxidants because they are processed minimally after they are harvested.
- The health benefits of white tea include weight management. White tea has theine, which may enhance weight loss, and white tea’s high levels of antioxidants can help to boost your metabolism and curb your appetite.
- The benefits of drinking white tea extend to bone health – regular intake of white tea can improve bone density and strength, and may provide relief from the symptoms of osteoporosis.
- Rich in Vitamin C, these fruits are natural immunity boosters.
- Polyphenolic compounds in pomegranates are powerful antioxidants that can delay the process of ageing.
- Cranberries antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds may protect the brain from age-related memory and coordination loss, according to Tufts University research.
- Cranberries are also good source of many vitamins like vitamin C, vitamin A, ß-carotene, lutein, and folate and minerals like potassium, and manganese.