Berry Valentina February 12, 2017 – Posted in: Tea Recipes – Tags: black tea, blueberries, iced tea, recipe
This recipe shouts berries…mainly blueberries!
Enjoy the health benefits of black tea as well as antioxidant-rich berries in this iced tea.
[ makes about 4 tall glasses ]
1. 10g / 4 heaped teaspoons of Violet Valentina tea leaves
2. 250ml freshly boiled water
3. 750ml chilled water
4. 1 cup sliced strawberries
5. 1 cup blueberries
6. 1 tsp sugar
7. simple sugar syrup ( 1 part water , 1 part sugar )
8. fresh mint leaves
1. Muddle the berries with sugar and leave to sit for 10 minutes.
2. Brew the tea leaves in the freshly boiled water for 8 minutes.
3. After 8 minutes top up with the chilled water and leave to infuse for another 5 minutes.
4. Fill a quater of the glasses with the berry mixture and top up with ice.
5. Pour the iced tea over and garnish with the mint leaves.
6. Serve the sugar syrup on the side for those who’d prefer a sweetened tea.
Inspired by : http://www.creative-culinary.com/very-berry-iced-tea-with-honey-mint-syrup/