Cinnamon tea is a refreshing tea with soothing qualities. It is very easy to prepare too!
Here’s the recipe :
1. 375 ml water ( 1.5 cups )
2. 1 cinnamon stick ( 3 inches long )
4. 1 tablespoon honey ( optional )
Fill a pot on the stove with the water and cinnamon stick.
Bring it to a slow boil over 15 minutes. When it starts to bubble, remove from the heat and set aside to steep.
Remove the cinnamon stick and pour into your favourite teacup to enjoy.
Adding honey into the brew enhances the flavour.
This Cinnamon Tea makes a great iced tea too. Pour over ice cubes to enjoy once the brew has cooled down.
5 Benefits of Cinnamon Tea:
1. Bad cholesterol levels too high? Lower your cholesterol – and protect your heart health – with cinnamon tea. Research tells us that consuming cinnamon tea may help lower bad cholesterol levels.
2. Cinnamon has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties. Cinnamon fights viruses (such as cold and flu viruses), inhibits the growth of harmful bacteria (like E. coli or the bacteria that causes UTIs), and combats infections (such as medication-resistant yeast infections caused by the fungus Candida albicans).
3. Cinnamon is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Chronic inflammation has been linked to many health concerns and harmful diseases, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, cancer, diabetes, infertility, obesity, PCOS, IBS, Crohn’s, osteoporosis, and heart disease. Cinnamon tea is a natural, tasty way to fight and protect against the potentially destructive effects of inflammation.
4. Cinnamon is filled with potent antioxidants – more than almost all other spices and herbs. Cinnamon’s antioxidant levels are comparable with other high-antioxidant foods, as well – for example, just one teaspoon of ground cinnamon has as many antioxidants as 1/2 cup of blueberries! It’s essential that we include antioxidant-rich foods and beverages in our diet, because antioxidants provide us with so many health benefits… They protect us from the effects of free radicals, prevent and fight chronic diseases (like cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and rheumatoid arthritis), and reduce those signs of aging we dislike so much (like wrinkles and loss of skin elasticity)!
5. Cinnamon improves circulation. Poor circulation can affect the body in all sorts of ways, from varicose veins to constipation to painful joints. Cinnamon tea is naturally warming and helps to increase blood flow. Cinnamon is a natural blood thinner, as well.
For more benefits of Cinnamon Tea, visit : The Tea Talk
Image source : Kiyoaki